Articles

Friday, February 01, 2008

Still No Room for the Jew

(The following appeared as an editorial in the Jewish Press in 1991 when George Bush Sr was pressuring Israel. Its time seems to have unfortunately come around again.)

Still No Room for the Jew

Two thousand years ago the Roman Emperor Titus decided that there was no room in his empire for an independent Jewish authority. So he destroyed the Holy Temple, and carried off its captives to Rome.

Thereafter, in state after state in Europe, the Jew was forbidden to own land. In time Jews were herded into separate areas called Ghettos. Until fairly recent times, even in our own great democracy, the Jew was forbidden to dwell in "Aryan" pure areas.

Now -- yes now in 1991 -- the leader of the greatest democracy on earth is telling the Jew where he may or may not dwell in his own country! The poor "little "lonely guy" in the White House, Texas oil millionaire, patronizing patrician, is making threats against the Stubborn Prime Minister of Israel, that unless the latter stops building housing in certain sections for Russian immigrants escaping Russia, he will be punished.

Still no room for the Jew even after 2,000 years!

4 comments:

najistani said...

THE Holocaust Memorial Day marking the genocides of the 20th century was marred on Sunday when a gang of youths stoned Jewish tourists on a guided tour of London's East End.

A group of 96 visitors looking at sites of Jewish interest were attacked by youths hiding behind a fence in a back street in Whitechapel.

Two were struck by the missiles, an American woman just starting a new post at London's Metropolitan University and a Canadian lecturer.

The woman had blood pouring from her head and needed hospital treatment.

The tour was organised by leading local historian Clive Bettington, who was later asked by police if he wanted officers to accompany him in future, but declined.

"That would be admitting there are 'no go' areas," he said.

"I won't be intimidated. We have a right to walk our streets unmolested."

He has now written to Tower Hamlets chief executive Martin Smith for an urgent meeting.

Sunday's incident was outside a former Jewish maternity home in Underwood Road, now used as social services offices, which was on his tour as a place of interest where playwright Arnold Whesker and showbiz comedian Lionel Bart were born.

YOBS LAUGHED

An eye-witness said: "Stones started to come down on us and some in the group were scared and ducked.

"I looked over the fence and saw four Asian youths throwing stones. They were laughing, then ran away."

The woman who was injured, a New Yorker now living in London, started her job running the IT department at the Met University the following day.

"It wasn't exactly a nice welcome to the East End," she said.

"You're just so surprised standing in a large crowd like that being pelted with stones.

"I was shocked and didn't know what happened at first, then realised I was bleeding and knew I had been hit. My head was cut open."

She was treated at the Royal London Hospital and had to miss an inter-faith mdmorial service she was going to at the East London Central synagogue.

Her friend, Canadian Eric Litwack was hit by a missile, but did not need stitches.

He said: "It was obviously we were being targeted on a tour talking about Jewish history."

From East London Advertiser

Anti-Racist Blog said...

Jews for Ron Paul makes news:

http://www.jewishjournal.com/home/preview.php?id=18845

Obviously the Jewish Journal didn't read your posts about that fake group.

Anonymous said...

Sorry this article is technically wrong. Bush was talking over the "green line," not in Tel Aviv. The problem is that almost immediately after 67 the entire world decided that Jews shouldn't profit, and Arabs should not lose anything from a war they started. So as long as Jews behave and limited themselves to indefensable land the West is OK. Of course, this will result in Arab aggression. But, details don't matter when feeding the Muslims.

najistani said...

AMAZING ANTI-DHIMMITUDE IN LONDONISTAN

This is going to drive the Muslims nuts! (Well, even more nuts.) They'll be rioting in Trafalgar Square...

"Windsor Castle dinner for Israel’s 60th
01/02/2008
By Jenni Frazer, News Editor
Exclusive: THE ROYAL family is granting two of the community’s biggest charities the use of Windsor Castle for a special anniversary dinner to mark Israel’s 60th anniversary in April, the JC can reveal.

Excited officials from UJIA and the JNF said they were in the early stages of planning the April 7 event, which will be held in the presence of the Duke of Edinburgh. The guest of honour is to be Israeli President Shimon Peres, who will be in Britain before hosting a major international 60th-anniversary conference in Jerusalem in May. Invitations for the Jerusalem conference have gone out to President George Bush and heads of state.

A JNF spokesperson said the anticipated 300 dinner guests would be raising funds for both organisations, the first time they have worked together on such a scale. “We are so grateful to the Royal Family for giving us the opportunity to celebrate Israel’s anniversary, and for allowing us to stage this wonderful event in Windsor Castle.”

UJIA chief executive Doug Krikler believed it was the first major Jewish — “and kosher” — event to be held at Windsor Castle.

The dinner will be part of a series of celebrations in Britain to mark the Jewish state’s 60th anniversary. Among communal functions already lined up are a dinner in central London this month, held by the Zionist Federation, with guest speaker Ronald Lauder, the new World Jewish Congress president.

There will be a show in May featuring comedian Jackie Mason and Israeli singer Sarit Hadad at Wembley Stadium, and, at the end of June, London’s first ever street parade for Israel.

From http://www.thejc.com/home.aspx?ParentId=m11&SecId=11&AId=57781&ATypeId=1


G_D SAVE THE QUEEN !

Post a Comment